From Garden City to Smart Growth: The Evolution and Management of New Urbanism
- Chen Youzhen, Duan Longlong
- Corresponding Author
- Chen Youzhen
Available Online August 2012.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpm.2012.32How to use a DOI?
- Garden city, Smart Growth, Evolution, Management, New Urbanism.
- Under the influence of industrialization and rapid population growth after World War II, urban sprawl, central citiesâ€™ recession and metropolis diseases have become three tumors that restricted urban sustainable development in western countries, so the new urbanism has arisen. From garden city to smart growth, new urbanism thoughts have experienced long-term evolution. Diversification, compactness, public transportation and social integration advocated by new urbanism have been supported by the majority of people. The paper illustrates, in detail, the evolution and management of new urbanism.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chen Youzhen AU - Duan Longlong PY - 2012/08 DA - 2012/08 TI - From Garden City to Smart Growth: The Evolution and Management of New Urbanism BT - Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Public Management (ICPM-2012) PB - Atlantis Press SP - 266 EP - 271 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpm.2012.32 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpm.2012.32 ID - Youzhen2012/08 ER -