Deconstruction of Urban Competitiveness within City Network Perspective
- Cheng Yuhong, Chen Lijing
- Corresponding Author
- Cheng Yuhong
Available Online August 2012.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpm.2012.49How to use a DOI?
- City Network, Urban Competitiveness, Competition Relations, Conceptual model.
- Ignorance or scarcity of attention about external relations of cities is the main defects existed in the current urban competitiveness research. Considering this situation, based upon brief comments on the traditional urban competitiveness research and drawing on the research paradigm of "the new urbanism", this paper made an in-depth analysis on the competition duality of inter-city relations from city network perspective, cast light on the dual sources from which the city obtain competitive advantages, and deconstructed the urban competitiveness from cityâ€Ÿs competition relation perspective to preliminary construct a conceptual model of urban competitiveness within city network perspective, thus providing a new analytical framework to further improve the theoretical research and scientific explanation of the urban competitiveness study.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Cheng Yuhong AU - Chen Lijing PY - 2012/08 DA - 2012/08 TI - Deconstruction of Urban Competitiveness within City Network Perspective BT - Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Public Management (ICPM-2012) PB - Atlantis Press SP - 272 EP - 283 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpm.2012.49 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpm.2012.49 ID - Yuhong2012/08 ER -