Leadership in Crisis: The Chance for Public Sectors to Turn Challenge into Opportunity
- Wang Junjie, Li Yongkang, Bai Yang
- Corresponding Author
- Wang Junjie
Available Online August 2012.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icpm.2012.58How to use a DOI?
- public crises, leadership, decision-making, strategic thinking, competency, mission.
- This study provides a theoretical framework illustrating the predicaments leadership en-counters and the deficits leadership exposes in crisis from the perspective of responsibility, public opinion and decision-making. This pa-per argues that crises brings challenges as well as opportunity for change, therefore with enhanced competence, explicit mission and establishment of strategic plans, the leadership can be remarkably improved in crisis. In conclusion, this paper points out that the key to turn crises into opportunity lies in how to identify and improve the pivotal competence, build a mission shared by all and implement strategies that fit specific environment.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wang Junjie AU - Li Yongkang AU - Bai Yang PY - 2012/08 DA - 2012/08 TI - Leadership in Crisis: The Chance for Public Sectors to Turn Challenge into Opportunity BT - Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Public Management (ICPM-2012) PB - Atlantis Press SP - 181 EP - 187 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpm.2012.58 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icpm.2012.58 ID - Junjie2012/08 ER -