An Electronic Shelf Label System Based on WSN
- Chunhui Zhou, Pan Mei, Liwen Huang, Kezhong Liu, Yuanqiao Wen
- Corresponding Author
- Chunhui Zhou
Available Online April 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.190How to use a DOI?
- ESL, wireless communication base station, low-power, WSN, Ad Hoc
- Traditional paper labels on the supermarkets’ shelves are of many shortcomings such as the high error rate, high losing rate, increasing cost and unrealizable realtime-updating caused by manual management. In order to overcome these shortcomings, this paper aims to design a new Electronic Shelf Label system. Firstly, the overall framework is introduced. Then an ultra-low-power ESL and wireless communication base station modules are studied respectively. The MAC and router protocols are also designed based on Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) to meet the requirement of low power consumption and real-time price update. The Electronic Shelf Label system can improve the efficiency of the label management greatly and enhance customers’ experiences thus has a wide prospect of application.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chunhui Zhou AU - Pan Mei AU - Liwen Huang AU - Kezhong Liu AU - Yuanqiao Wen PY - 2013/04 DA - 2013/04 TI - An Electronic Shelf Label System Based on WSN BT - 2nd International Conference On Systems Engineering and Modeling (ICSEM-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.190 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.190 ID - Zhou2013/04 ER -