Real-Time 3D Hand Gesture Recognition from Depth Image
- Lin Song, Ruimin Hu, Yulian Xiao, Liyu Gong
- Corresponding Author
- Lin Song
Available Online April 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.242How to use a DOI?
- Hand Gesture Recognition, 3D Image Processing, Depth Images, Kinect, Human Computer Interaction
- In this paper, we propose a novel real-time 3D hand gesture recognition algorithm based on depth information. We segment out the hand region from depth image and convert it to a point cloud. Then, 3D moment invariant features are computed at the point cloud. Finally, support vector machine (SVM) is employed to classify the shape of hand into different categories. We collect a benchmark dataset using Microsoft Kinect for Xbox and test the propose algorithm on it. Experimental results prove the robustness of our proposed algorithm.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lin Song AU - Ruimin Hu AU - Yulian Xiao AU - Liyu Gong PY - 2013/04 DA - 2013/04 TI - Real-Time 3D Hand Gesture Recognition from Depth Image BT - 2nd International Conference On Systems Engineering and Modeling (ICSEM-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.242 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.242 ID - Song2013/04 ER -