A Comparative Teaching of Fractional Calculus and Integer Calculus
- Qingxia Ma, Xianguang Lin, Huijuan Li
- Corresponding Author
- Qingxia Ma
Available Online October 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsser-18.2018.22How to use a DOI?
- Fractional calculus; Integral order calculus; Riemann-Liouville derivative; Riemann-Liouville integral; Comparative teaching
- The main purpose of this paper is to give a teaching comparison of fractional calculus and integer calculus. Another purpose of this paper is to help students to understand fractional calculus and integer calculus are highly unified. Starting from the integral order derivative of the elementary power function, the definition of Riemann-Liouville fractional derivative is given. With the theory of integral calculus such as integral mean value theory, Green formula and classical inequality, the fractional differential equations are transformed into integers order differential equation, the differences and relations between two kinds of calculus are expounded. Therefore, it is concluded that fractional derivative and integral derivative can be exchanged under certain conditions.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qingxia Ma AU - Xianguang Lin AU - Huijuan Li PY - 2018/10 DA - 2018/10 TI - A Comparative Teaching of Fractional Calculus and Integer Calculus BT - 2018 International Conference on Social Science and Education Reform (ICSSER 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsser-18.2018.22 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsser-18.2018.22 ID - Ma2018/10 ER -