A survey on application of maturity models for smart grid: Review of the state-of -the-art
- Mathias Uslar, Julia Masurkewitz
- Corresponding Author
- Mathias Uslar
Available Online September 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-env-15.2015.30How to use a DOI?
- Maturity Model, SGAM, SG IMM, SGMM
- More and more different organizations are necessarily being involved in realizing the Smart Grid, but each of them has to fulfill a different role concerning the overall transition. Stakeholders from the transmission and from the distribution layer must be considered. Deriving from this, a large variety of topics and viewpoints are involved. The future Smart Grid architecture will thus be highly dynamic and complex. Guidance for the enterprises, regarding comparability and measurability of different activities and showing optimization potential for the Smart Grid, is urgently needed. A promising approach is to combine the approved method of the Smart Grid Architecture Model (SGAM) Use Case modeling method and a maturity model developed thereupon. A benefit for the development of the sustainable energy system of the future is, that the assessment of Smart Grid technology, concerning their interoperability and interaction, helps creating a common and organization crosscutting understanding. This paper gives an overall overview about maturity models and their benefits. Additionally, a classification scheme for maturity models is outlined in a first draft. This classification scheme should guide the selection of characteristics for developing a new maturity model.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mathias Uslar AU - Julia Masurkewitz PY - 2015/09 DA - 2015/09 TI - A survey on application of maturity models for smart grid: Review of the state-of -the-art BT - EnviroInfo and ICT for Sustainability 2015 PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-env-15.2015.30 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-env-15.2015.30 ID - Uslar2015/09 ER -