Geospatial-temporal Characteristics of Population Aging and Its Evolution Pattern in Henan
- Kaiguang Zhang, Mingting Ba, Hongling Meng
- Corresponding Author
- Kaiguang Zhang
Available Online September 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ieesasm-16.2016.138How to use a DOI?
- population aging, aging level, aging rate, aging type, geospatial distribution, geospatial-temporal characteristics
- Population aging and aging rate is one of the world's most concerned population problems. In the paper, using geospatial statistical analysis methods, the geospatial-temporal characteristics and evolution pattern of aging level, causes, and increasing rate are studied in 2011-2015 in Henan province. The results show that the distribution of population aging levels has significant regional differences in the province, the aging level of southeastern part is significantly higher than that of other regions, The regions with low aging level have relatively developed economics, the economics development are relatively backward in the regions with high aging level and high population density. The main causes of aging is residual space type and low birth rate type. The aging rates have gradually been increasing, the differences between the cities have been enlarging, aging level and the aging rate has some negative correlation. The geospatial aggregation of aging levels is significant, southeast part is the high-high aggregation region and northern part is low-low aggregation region, but the aggregation characteristics are becoming weak. The aggregation characteristics of aging rate is relatively weak, there are some weak low-low aggregation characteristics around Zhengzhou, provincial capital, the geospatial distribution of aging rates is relatively balanced, the aging rate in central region is lower than the border region.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Kaiguang Zhang AU - Mingting Ba AU - Hongling Meng PY - 2016/09 DA - 2016/09 TI - Geospatial-temporal Characteristics of Population Aging and Its Evolution Pattern in Henan BT - 2016 4th International Education, Economics, Social Science, Arts, Sports and Management Engineering Conference (IEESASM 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ieesasm-16.2016.138 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ieesasm-16.2016.138 ID - Zhang2016/09 ER -