Stereoscopic Planting Pattern of Kernel-used Apricot and Medicinal Plants in the Loess Drought Hilly Region in West Henan Province
- Fu Guo-zan, Zhang Qing-rui
- Corresponding Author
- Fu Guo-zan
Available Online September 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iemb-14.2014.6How to use a DOI?
- Kernel-used apricot, Chinese medicinal plants, Stereoscopic planting, Loess drought hilly region, China
- [Objective] To guarantee the high yield of quality kernel-used apricot and improve the economic benefits of farmers in the loess drought hilly region in West Henan Province.[Method] The stereoscopic planting pattern with eight cultivars of medicinal plants and three cultivars of kemel-used apricot was adopted to study the effect of different planting pattems on the growth, flowering, fruiting, disease and pest injury as well as the yield of the medicinal plants, [Result] To the same apricot species, Salvia miltiorrhiza Bge. and Pinellia ternata (Thunb.) Breit. produced weak impact on its growth, but Vaccaria segetalis ( Neck. ) Garcke and Malva rotundifolia L. had obvious influence on its growth and development. The same cultivars of medicinal plant had strong inference on the growths of kernel-apricot cultivars "Yiwofeng" less strong influence on ' Longwang-mao", and the weakest influence on "Chaoren"; the reproductive indexes of the three kernel-apricot cultivars were influenced by the same Chinese medicinal material followed the decrease scope of "Yiwofeng" <" Chaoren" < ' Longwangmao". Under the stereoscopic planting pattern, as the canopy density of kernel-used apricot increased, the weight and medicinal yield of the herbal plants gradually decreased, most of the medicinal plant cultivarsgrew well under the canopy density of 0.5 or below, while the growth and yield of Pinellia ternata(Thunb.) Breit. were not influenced under the canopy density of 0.6. [Conclusion] The stereoscopic planting pattern of kernel-used apricot and traditional Chinese medicinal plants should select the apricot cultivars with strong growth vigor and those short herbal plants species.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Fu Guo-zan AU - Zhang Qing-rui PY - 2014/09 DA - 2014/09 TI - Stereoscopic Planting Pattern of Kernel-used Apricot and Medicinal Plants in the Loess Drought Hilly Region in West Henan Province BT - 2014 Conference on Informatisation in Education, Management and Business (IEMB-14) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iemb-14.2014.6 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iemb-14.2014.6 ID - Guo-zan2014/09 ER -