A new density-based sampling algorithm
- Frédéric Ros, Serge Guillaume
- Corresponding Author
- Frédéric Ros
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.24How to use a DOI?
- Density, distance, space coverage, clustering, Rand index.
- To face the big data challenge, sampling can be used as a preprocessing step for clustering. In this paper, an hybrid algorithm is proposed. It is density-based while managing distance concepts. The algorithm behavior is investigated using synthetic and realworld data sets. The first experiments proved it can be accurate, according to the Rand Index, with both k-means and hierarchical clustering algorithms.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Frédéric Ros AU - Serge Guillaume PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - A new density-based sampling algorithm BT - 2015 Conference of the International Fuzzy Systems Association and the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology (IFSA-EUSFLAT-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.24 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.24 ID - Ros2015/06 ER -