Interval Type-2 Fuzzy Maximum Power Point Tracking Control for Wind Power Buck Coversion Systems
- Ching-Chih Tsai, Chun-Chien Chang, Chien-Cheng Yu, Feng-Chun Tai
- Corresponding Author
- Ching-Chih Tsai
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.41How to use a DOI?
- Buck converter, fuzzy control, IT2 fuzzy control, maximum power point tracking (MPPT), PI control, wind power generation.
- This paper develops a PI-like interval type-2 (IT2) fuzzy maximum power point tracking (MPPT) control method for a class of wind power generation and battery charging systems with DC/DC buck converters. After the brief model descriptions of the wind power turbine, generator and DC/DC buck converter, the proposed MPPT controller is designed using IT2 fuzzy control logics and its asymptotical stability is discussed. The effectiveness and merit of the proposed MPPT controller are exemplified by conducting several simulations via Matlab/Simulink and three experiments. The proposed controller is shown superior by comparing to a conventional PI MPPT controller and a PI-like type-1 fuzzy MPPT controller.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ching-Chih Tsai AU - Chun-Chien Chang AU - Chien-Cheng Yu AU - Feng-Chun Tai PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - Interval Type-2 Fuzzy Maximum Power Point Tracking Control for Wind Power Buck Coversion Systems BT - 2015 Conference of the International Fuzzy Systems Association and the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology (IFSA-EUSFLAT-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.41 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.41 ID - Tsai2015/06 ER -