On a new poverty measure constructed from the exponential mean
- Silvia Bortot, Ricardo Alberto Marques-Pereira
- Corresponding Author
- Silvia Bortot
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.49How to use a DOI?
- Averaging functions, welfare and inequality, exponential means, poverty measures, aggregation functions, focus and interaction.
- We propose a poverty measure based on a non trivial balance between the aggregated value of the income gaps of the poor and the headcount ratio of the poor in the population. The new poverty measure extends a previous proposal also based on the exponential mean but with an exclusive focus on the poor sector of the income distribution.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Silvia Bortot AU - Ricardo Alberto Marques-Pereira PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - On a new poverty measure constructed from the exponential mean BT - 2015 Conference of the International Fuzzy Systems Association and the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology (IFSA-EUSFLAT-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.49 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.49 ID - Bortot2015/06 ER -