Analysis of Factors Related to Self Management Behavior (SMB) in Hypertensive Patients
- Ilkafah Ilkafah, Titi Iswanti Afelia, Nurul Anugrah Ridwan
- Corresponding Author
- Ilkafah Ilkafah
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.1How to use a DOI?
- Hypertension, self-management behavior, self efficacy, family support
- Abstract- Hypertension is kind of chronic and risk disease cause the disease complications, to avoid the complications required the ability to self-management behavior such as lifestyle changes including blood pressure control, diet modification and physical activity. This research aimed to determine the factors related to self-management behavior (SMB) in the patients with hypertension in the working area of Batua Makassar. This study was a quantitative study design using analytical survey. Sampling used in this study was purposive sampling techniques, the number of respondents as many as 83 people. The results showed that most respondents education level were high school, the major respondents were women, more than half of respondents aged 56-65 years with an average age of 56 years, and most of respondent had BMI scale 25 with the average value of respondents' BMI were 25.45, the average respondent had suffered from hypertension for 4.14 years and most do not experience complications. From chi-square analysis test was obtained significant relationship between knowledge, family support, and self-efficacy with SMB in the patients with hypertension in Batua Makassar with p-value (0.001, 0.000, 0.000). Self-efficacy is the most dominant factor related to SMB of hypertensive patients. There is a relationship between knowledge with the SMB in hypertensive patients, and there is a relationship between family support and self-efficacy with the SMB in hypertensive patients in the working area of Batua Makassar. Where the better level of knowledge, family support and self-efficacy, the better SMB of the patients will be. Therefore, it is expected to self-management Behavior (SMB) can be made as a health promotion program to improve knowledge and the patient's ability to perform SMB.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ilkafah Ilkafah AU - Titi Iswanti Afelia AU - Nurul Anugrah Ridwan PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - Analysis of Factors Related to Self Management Behavior (SMB) in Hypertensive Patients BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.1 ID - Ilkafah2017/04 ER -