Wudu Improving Sleep Quality In Elderly With Insomnia
- Hamdan Hariawan, Joni Haryanto, Elida Ulfiana
- Corresponding Author
- Hamdan Hariawan
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.3How to use a DOI?
- wudhu, sleep quality, elderly, insomnia
- Changes in sleep quality on elderly can lead to sleep disturbances such as insomnia. It needs proper interventions, one of them is to get wudu before going to sleep. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of wudu in improving sleep quality in elderly with insomnia. Method: This study was used quasi-experiment method. The samples were 20 elderly with insomnia. The instrument used in this study was Pittsburg Sleep Quality Index (PSQI). Data were analyzed by using McNemar and Chi Square test with 0.05. Result: The results showed the effect of wudhu in elderly sleep quality (p=0.031), and there was significant differences between intervention group and control group (a =0.003). Conclusion: Water splash and massage on wudu reduce muscle tension and make body relaxed and can be used as relaxation therapy. It could improve sleep quality in elderly with insomnia. It was recommended to elderly with insomnia to keep applying wudu as sleep hygiene to get good sleep quality.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hamdan Hariawan AU - Joni Haryanto AU - Elida Ulfiana PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - Wudu Improving Sleep Quality In Elderly With Insomnia BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.3 ID - Hariawan2017/04 ER -