Physical Activity And Meditation To Reduce Primary Dysmenorrhea In Adolescent
- Komang Agus Jerry Widyanata, I Gede Yudiana Putra, Putu Intan Daryaswanti, Ni Putu Eka Febianingsih
- Corresponding Author
- Komang Agus Jerry Widyanata
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.10How to use a DOI?
- Dysmenorrheal, Physical activity, Meditation
- Primary dysmenorrhea is menstrual pain occurring in the absence of pelvic pathology. It was caused by the production of neurotransmitter: prostaglandins. Psychological factors or stress can also cause dysmenorrhea. Physical activity and meditation are non-pharmacological treatments for this problem because of the effectiveness to reduce chronic menstrual pain. A total 40 female adolescents aged 16 – 18 years, who have primary dysmenorrhea at Senior High School of Health Bali Khresna Medika was divided into two groups randomly. Each groups contains 20 participants for physical activity treatment group and 20 for meditation treatment group. Menstrual pain scale measurements conducted in the two groups using the Visual Analogue Scale (VAS) before and after treatment. One group was delivered physical activity intervention and the other meditation twice a week for two months. The result of study showed that physical activity and meditation could reduce menstrual pain scale effectively (p<0.005). Based on the statistical analysis there was no significant difference between the effectiveness of physical activity and meditation (p>0.005) interventions. Physical activity and meditation can reduce menstrual pain level significantly.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Komang Agus Jerry Widyanata AU - I Gede Yudiana Putra AU - Putu Intan Daryaswanti AU - Ni Putu Eka Febianingsih PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - Physical Activity And Meditation To Reduce Primary Dysmenorrhea In Adolescent BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.10 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.10 ID - AgusJerryWidyanata2017/04 ER -