The Effectiveness of A Health Promotion Model on The Father's Self Efficacy in Stimulating The Growth And Development of Toddler
- Ririn Probowati, Monika Sawitri Prihatini, Heri Wibowo, Praba Diyan Rachmawati
- Corresponding Author
- Ririn Probowati
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.13How to use a DOI?
- Father's self efficacy, Stimulation, Toddler
- The growth and development of toddler is not only influenced the mother, but also the father. Lack of belief in the father's ability in providing stimulation of growth and development will have an impact on the achievement of the optimal toddlers' growth and development. The purpose of this study was to develop a model of health promotion in improving father's self-efficacy to stimulate the growth and development of toddlers in father's POSYANDU . Methods: this study used explanative observational cross sectional research design. The population was a father who has a toddler in father's POSYANDU of Losari village, PlosoJombang in 2016, 55 respondents were participated in this study. forty two samples were recruited with simple random sampling techniques. The variable in this study is a benefit factor. Resistance factor, the factor of the capabilities themselves, influence factors caused due to stimulation, factors influenced the interpersonal, situational factor influencedthe stimulation the growth and development of infants, factor of father's self efficacy, commitment of father, the behavior of the father, the growth and development of infants using questionnaires and observation sheets. Data analysis techniques used PLS . Result: all ffactor influenced the stimulation of the toddlers' growth and development by father. All of the variables are significant with t score =>1.96. The model of health promotion in enhancing father's self efficacy which influenced by all variables.Conclusion:the enhancement of father's self efficacy in giving the stimulation of growth and development could be a verbal persuasion, which could influenced father, finally it wished to use as basic way in health promotion which was concluded into a module in order to be given after followed father's POSYANDU in the counseling desk
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ririn Probowati AU - Monika Sawitri Prihatini AU - Heri Wibowo AU - Praba Diyan Rachmawati PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - The Effectiveness of A Health Promotion Model on The Father's Self Efficacy in Stimulating The Growth And Development of Toddler BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.13 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.13 ID - Probowati2017/04 ER -