The Effect of Rubber Band Resistance Exercise on Blood Glucose Level of Patient With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Ni Luh Putu Inca Buntari Agustini, I Gusti Ayu Puja Astuti Dewi
- Corresponding Author
- Ni Luh Putu Inca Buntari Agustini
Available Online April 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.17How to use a DOI?
- rubber band resistance exercise, blood glucose level, type 2 diabetes mellitus
- There is compelling evidence that type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) is more likely to develop in individuals who are insufficiently active. Resistance exercise (RE) has received high recognition as a cornerstone in the management of T2DM. There are several advanced research about RE. However, those do not use rubber band during exercise. Therefore, the purpose of this study was to examine the effect of rubber band resistance exercise on blood glucose level of the patient with T2DM. Methods: The research design was one group pretest-posttest design (rubber band resistance exercise) as the treatment given to the patient with T2DM. Fifteen participants were randomly selected from PHC 2 South Denpasar, Bali, in March 2017 . Each participant was given exercise using the rubber band in groups carried out every day with a duration of 30 minutes for a week. Blood glucose level was measured by using blood glucose test before and after the intervention . Results: The result showed rubber band resistance exercise was statistically significant decrease the level of blood sugar by 25.43 mg/dl, (p < 0.05). Discussion/Conclusion: Resistance exercise using the rubber band is an alternative form of exercise for the T2DM patient. There is good evidence that rubber band resistance exercises improving glycemic control patients with T2DM.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ni Luh Putu Inca Buntari Agustini AU - I Gusti Ayu Puja Astuti Dewi PY - 2017/04 DA - 2017/04 TI - The Effect of Rubber Band Resistance Exercise on Blood Glucose Level of Patient With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus BT - 8th International Nursing Conference on Education, Practice and Research Development in Nursing (INC 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5739 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.17 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/inc-17.2017.17 ID - PutuIncaBuntariAgustini2017/04 ER -