Design and Implementation of Push Notification System Based on the MQTT Protocol
- Konglong Tang, Yong Wang, Hao Liu, Yanxiu Sheng, Xi Wang, Zhiqiang Wei
- Corresponding Author
- Konglong Tang
Available Online October 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.20How to use a DOI?
- MQTT Protocol, instant messaging, Message Broker, Mobile Applications
- MQTT (Message Queuing Telemetry Transport) is a broker-based publishing/subscribing, instant messaging protocol. It’s designed to be open, simple, lightweight and easy to implement. This paper described a method of pushing notification system based on the MQTT protocol. It can be used to solve the problem of instant pushing various messages from the server to the mobile client. This method is suitable for developing the smartphone applications. This paper also carried out research and design on the realization of MQTT protocol. With support of the proxy server message broker, the protocol put forward solutions for the server sending the specified messages to the specified mobile devices and the mobile clients receiving pushed messages from the server.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Konglong Tang AU - Yong Wang AU - Hao Liu AU - Yanxiu Sheng AU - Xi Wang AU - Zhiqiang Wei PY - 2013/10 DA - 2013/10 TI - Design and Implementation of Push Notification System Based on the MQTT Protocol BT - 2013 International Conference on Information Science and Computer Applications (ISCA 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.20 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isca-13.2013.20 ID - Tang2013/10 ER -