Preparation of An Extractant-Impregnated Resin Containing 4-tert-butyl-2-(α-methylbenzyl) phenol and Its Adsorption for Cs+
- Haining Liu, Li Sun, Chaoming Quan, Yaoqiang Hu, Xiushen Ye, Zhijian Wu
- Corresponding Author
- Haining Liu
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.7How to use a DOI?
- Extractant-impregnated resin (EIR); Cesium; 4-tert-butyl-2-( -methylbenzyl) phenol (t-BAMBP)
- The adsorption of Cs+ by a novel extractant-impregnated resin (EIR), was studied using batch adsorption experiments. The new EIR was prepared by impregnating 4-tert-butyl-2-( -methylbenzyl) phenol (t-BAMBP) onto AB-8 macroporous resin beads. Thermogravimetric analysis (TG) and the Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) were used to characterize the EIR. The effects of extraction time, pH values, metal ion concentration, and temperature were investigated. The adsorption results showed that the adsorption amount of Cs was increasing with the pH values and Cs concentration and decreasing with the temperature of the solution. The effect of co-existing ions Na+ and K+ on the adsorption was not obviously. Regeneration and recycling of the resin indicated the EIR can be used for continuous cycles.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Haining Liu AU - Li Sun AU - Chaoming Quan AU - Yaoqiang Hu AU - Xiushen Ye AU - Zhijian Wu PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Preparation of An Extractant-Impregnated Resin Containing 4-tert-butyl-2-(α-methylbenzyl) phenol and Its Adsorption for Cs+ BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.7 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.7 ID - Liu2015/12 ER -