Effects of pH on the Morphology and Photocatalytic Performance of BiVO4 Prepared Via Hydrothermal Method
- Xingxing Gao, Jian Wang, Hongbo Xu, Jianglong Yu
- Corresponding Author
- Xingxing Gao
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.17How to use a DOI?
- BiVO4, pH value, morphology, hydrothermal method, photocatalysis
- BiVO4 with different morphologies were synthesized via a controllable dodecylamine-assisted hydrothermal method. The effect of pH on the crystallinity, morphology and optical absorption property of BiVO4 was investigated by X-ray diffraction (XRD) scanning electron microscopy(SEM) and UV-vis Diffuse Reflectance Spectra techniques (UV-vis DRS) The photocatalytic efficiencies were evaluated by the degradation of (MB) under visible-light irradiation. It is worthy to note that the obtained monoclinic scheelite BiVO4 (m-BiVO4) prepared at pH 1 possessed a spherical microstructure, low band gap energy, and exhibited the highest photocatalytic activity of the samples, decolorizing up to 98.2 % of MB upon visible light irradiation for 4h. The reason for the different photocatalytic efficiencies of the BiVO4 samples obtained at different pH was investigated by considering the structure and morphology.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xingxing Gao AU - Jian Wang AU - Hongbo Xu AU - Jianglong Yu PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Effects of pH on the Morphology and Photocatalytic Performance of BiVO4 Prepared Via Hydrothermal Method BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.17 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.17 ID - Gao2015/12 ER -