Low Temperature Synthesis of Mesoporous γ-Alumina Supported Nickel Oxides and Their Catalytic Application for CO2 Methanation
- Xingfu Shang, Digu Deng, Xueguang Wang, Xiujing Zou, Weizhong Ding, Xionggang Lu
- Corresponding Author
- Xingfu Shang
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.24How to use a DOI?
- Low temperature, mesoporous -alumina, Nickel catalyst, CO2 methanation
- The mesoporous -alumina supported nickel oxides with different Ni/Al molar ratios (x = 0.05, 0.10, 0.125, 0.25, 0.50) have been prepared by a simple partial hydrolysis of aqueous solution of Al(NO3)3 and Ni(NO3)2 with (NH4)2CO3 without templates or organic surfactants at low calcination temperature of 400 oC. The as-prepared materials possessed wormhole-like mesoporous structures with large specific surface areas of 252–477 m2/g and narrow pore size distributions in the range of 3–4 nm. The specific surface areas and pore volumes of the materials gradually decreased with the increase in the Ni/Al molar ratio and the nickel species were highly dispersed in the materials. Among the catalysts tested for the methanation of CO2, the mesoporous -alumina supported nickel oxides with the Ni/Al molar ratios of 0.25 revealed the best catalytic performance and showed the similar catalyst activity to the counterpart with ordered mesoporous alumina supported nickel oxide synthesized through templating approach.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xingfu Shang AU - Digu Deng AU - Xueguang Wang AU - Xiujing Zou AU - Weizhong Ding AU - Xionggang Lu PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Low Temperature Synthesis of Mesoporous γ-Alumina Supported Nickel Oxides and Their Catalytic Application for CO2 Methanation BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.24 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.24 ID - Shang2015/12 ER -