Protein Sparing Effect of Lipid in Diets for Common Carp(Cyprinus carpio)
- Ze Fan, Jinghui Li, Zhenyan Cheng, Baolong Zhang, Mu Qu, Jinhui Sun, Dongqing BAI, Xiuting Qiao
- Corresponding Author
- Ze Fan
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.73How to use a DOI?
- Common Carp; Growth; Activities of related lipid metabolic enzymes; Gene expressions
- This experiment was conducted to evaluate the effects of dietary lipid level on growth performance, activities, and gene expression of related lipid metabolism enzyme of common carp (initial average weight (36.12±1.18)g. Five experimental diets with increasing lipid levels of 2.1%, 4.0%, 5.8%, 7.6%, 9.4% were fed to triplicate groups of fish for 9 weeks. The results showed that the weight gain (WG) and special growth ratio (SGR) were significantly higher in fish fed with diets containing 7.6% lipid than that fed with 9.4% lipid group (P<0.05). Feed conversion ratio (FCR) was significantly lower in fish fed with diets containing 7.6% lipid than that fed with diets containing 9.4% lipid (P<0.05). The highest protein efficient ratio (PER) was observed in fish fed with diets containing 7.6% lipid. The activity of lipoprotein lipase (LPL), hepatic lipase(HL), and the general esterase (GE) all increased with the increase of dietary lipid levels, and the peak was found in fish fed with 9.4% lipid diet. The increase of dietary lipid levels had a significant effect on the expression level of liver and kidney FAS and LPL mRNA (P<0.05). After refeeding for 6 h, the expression level of liver FAS mRNA significantly declined in each group (P<0.05). After refeeding for 12 h, the expression level of liver LPL mRNA significantly increased in each group (P<0.05). Those results indicated that the diet containing 29.2 % protein and 7.6% lipid was the best level for the growth of common carp.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ze Fan AU - Jinghui Li AU - Zhenyan Cheng AU - Baolong Zhang AU - Mu Qu AU - Jinhui Sun AU - Dongqing BAI AU - Xiuting Qiao PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Protein Sparing Effect of Lipid in Diets for Common Carp(Cyprinus carpio) BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.73 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.73 ID - Fan2015/12 ER -