Cost-Benefit Analysis Developing Offshore Wind Energy in China
- Ru Liu, Junchao Zhao, Hui Li
- Corresponding Author
- Ru Liu
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.75How to use a DOI?
- offshore wind power, development, benefits, economic effect
- Compared to onshore wind power, offshore wind power has a relatively short history. The offshore wind potential in China is about 3 times larger than onshore, yet China had not dedicated into offshore wind research and development until recent years. China has the incentive to construct offshore wind farms along its southeast coast. This area is adjacent to China’s southeast developed regions where it is highly populated and lacking conventional energy supply. And then, we compare with the cost of offshore wind power and fossil fuel fired generation will show which power generation is more attractive.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ru Liu AU - Junchao Zhao AU - Hui Li PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Cost-Benefit Analysis Developing Offshore Wind Energy in China BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.75 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.75 ID - Liu2015/12 ER -