Growing Cu2S Nanoparticles on CdS/ITO Substrates for Photocatalytic Degradation of Methylene Blue
- Hongcheng Pan, Shan Huang, Shaoxian Zhong
- Corresponding Author
- Hongcheng Pan
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.83How to use a DOI?
- Cu2S, CdS, nanoparticles, photocatalysis, methylene blue
- CdS thin films were deposited on indium–tin-oxide (ITO) coated glass substrates by a chemical bath deposition method. Then the CdS/ITO slides were immersed in the solution containing 1.6 mM CuCl2 and 1.4 mM cetyltrimethylamonium chloride at 37oC for 3 h to growth Cu2S nanoparticles on the CdS/ITO slides. The scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and X-ray diffraction analysis demonstrated the presence of Cu2S on the surface of CdS/ITO slides. The electrochemical behavior of the Cu2S-CdS/ITO slide was studied using voltammetric scanning method. The Cu2S-CdS/ITO slides exhibited an enhanced photocatalytic efficiency towards the degradation of methylene blue dye under irradiation with a Xenon lamp.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hongcheng Pan AU - Shan Huang AU - Shaoxian Zhong PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Growing Cu2S Nanoparticles on CdS/ITO Substrates for Photocatalytic Degradation of Methylene Blue BT - 2015 International Symposium on Energy Science and Chemical Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.83 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/isesce-15.2015.83 ID - Pan2015/12 ER -