Planar Center-Fed Leaky-Wave Antenna Arrays for Millimeter Wave Systems
- Yu. . Nechaev, D.N. Borisov, A.I. Klimov, I.V. Peshkov
- Corresponding Author
- Yu. . Nechaev
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.22How to use a DOI?
- planar antenna array; surface waves; leaky waves; metal strip grating; grounded dielectric waveguide
- Two kinds of planar center-fed leaky-wave antenna arrays for millimeter wave systems are presented. The antenna arrays consist of a printed one-dimensional periodic metal strip grating on a grounded dielectric waveguide and designed for broadside radiation. The first antenna array has a hybrid structure with a feeding device for the planar dielectric waveguide, represented by a center-fed linear slotted waveguide array. The second antenna array has a simple single-layer structure with a feeding device, formed by a comb line using the central strip of the grating. The investigated examples of both kinds of arrays exhibit low return loss at frequencies of broadside radiation. The radiation efficiency of antennas exceeds 50 % at frequencies up to 37—37.5 GHz, while the antenna gain is above 30 dBi.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yu. . Nechaev AU - D.N. Borisov AU - A.I. Klimov AU - I.V. Peshkov PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Planar Center-Fed Leaky-Wave Antenna Arrays for Millimeter Wave Systems BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.22 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.22 ID - Nechaev2015/11 ER -