Experimental Study of Laser Assisted Drilling and Parameters Analysis
- Yingpin Wang, Gong Zhang, Lei Zheng, Yunpeng Ren, Olaf Eichstaedt, Xianshuai Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Yingpin Wang
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.37How to use a DOI?
- Laser assisted drilling; Experimental study; Automotive industry; Power train components
- Drilling holes in the key parts of automotive transmissions (e.g. the crank shaft) can be difficult and time consuming. For this reason, laser assisted drilling is proposed to increase processing speed and reduce wear of tools. In this paper, an experimental study is used to investigate optimum processing parameters of laser assisted drilling in different materials relevant for the automotive industry, such as 45 steel , 40Cr steel , QT600 steel and stainless steel 430L. The experimental results show that laser assisted drilling offers process improvements and are provided with a high application value.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yingpin Wang AU - Gong Zhang AU - Lei Zheng AU - Yunpeng Ren AU - Olaf Eichstaedt AU - Xianshuai Chen PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Experimental Study of Laser Assisted Drilling and Parameters Analysis BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.37 ID - Wang2015/11 ER -