Characterization of N-alkanes and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Water Solution of 180# Fuel Oil dealt with and without Dispersants
- T. Pan, G.H. Ding, C. Li, L.L. Lian, N.N. Zhang, Y.Y. Wei, J. Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- T. Pan
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.49How to use a DOI?
- n-alkane; Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; 180# fuel oil; Dispersant
- In order to analyze the concentration changes of n-alkanes and PAHs in water solution of oil treated with and without dispersant, 180# fuel oil was tested with two kinds of dispersants. It was shown that addition of dispersants caused a marked increase in the concentrations of n-alkanes and PAHs in chemically enhanced water-accommodated fractions (CEWAFs) of oil compared to the untreated water-accommodated fractions (WAFs). The times of increase of concentrations were related with the type of dispersant, the dispersed oil, and the ratio of dispersant to oil. As more PAHs were dissolved in CEWAFs, the ecological risk of dispersed oil in water column should be highly concerned.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - T. Pan AU - G.H. Ding AU - C. Li AU - L.L. Lian AU - N.N. Zhang AU - Y.Y. Wei AU - J. Zhang PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Characterization of N-alkanes and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Water Solution of 180# Fuel Oil dealt with and without Dispersants BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.49 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.49 ID - Pan2015/11 ER -