Investigation on the Characteristics of Water Flow over a Backward Facing Step under High Reynolds Number with Particle Image Velocimetry
- Xinjian Fan, Shiqiang Wu, Hui Zhou, Xiao Xiao, Yong Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Xinjian Fan
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.62How to use a DOI?
- PIV; a backward facing step; high Reynolds number; the separation and reattachment flow region; hydraulic characteristics
- The detailed experimental investigation on the 2D steady flow over a backward facing step in 30 Reynolds numbers range of 500 < Re < 50000 is carried out using particle image velocimetry ( PIV) and the separation and reattachment flow region over a backward facing step is displayed on a particle image. The characteristic of time-averaged flow field structure, the velocity distribution on the different sections along flow direction and vertical direction, and the change law of the length of separation and reattachment region and the location of vortex center are obtained from low Reynolds number (Re=506) to high Reynolds number (Re=47901).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xinjian Fan AU - Shiqiang Wu AU - Hui Zhou AU - Xiao Xiao AU - Yong Wang PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Investigation on the Characteristics of Water Flow over a Backward Facing Step under High Reynolds Number with Particle Image Velocimetry BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.62 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.62 ID - Fan2015/11 ER -