Optical Side Channel Attacks on Singlechip
- H.S. Wang, D.G. Ji, Y Zhang, K.Y Chen, J.G. Chen, Y.Z. Wang
- Corresponding Author
- H.S. Wang
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.87How to use a DOI?
- Optical side channel attack; Optical Fault Injection Attack; Photonic Emission Analysis; AES; Singlechip; AT89C52
- Optical side channel attack is a new kind of method against cipher chips, such as singlechips implementing public cryptographic algorithms. Two kind of optical side channel attacks, active and passive attacks, are presented in this paper. First, we implemented optical fault injection attacks against cipher algorithms running on AT89C52 singlechip, and demonstrated how to exploit secret information under attack. Then, we did photonic emission dependency analysis and revealed the correlation between operation/data and the photonic emission from the AT89C52 singlechip at the instruction level. Our experimental results show that optical side channel attacks pose serious threats to Cipher chips.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - H.S. Wang AU - D.G. Ji AU - Y Zhang AU - K.Y Chen AU - J.G. Chen AU - Y.Z. Wang PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Optical Side Channel Attacks on Singlechip BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.87 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.87 ID - Wang2015/11 ER -