Problems and Governance Countermeasures of Formation and Development of Uni-cities in China
- Yongjiao Zhang, Xiaowu Man, Hao Ding
- Corresponding Author
- Yongjiao Zhang
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.135How to use a DOI?
- Urban integration; Uni-cities; Pattern; Problems; Countermeasures; China.
- Uni-cities which are located adjacent to each other are the leading regions implementing integration strategy for urban agglomerations development. The aim of this paper is to explore the problems and corresponding governance countermeasures of uni-cities during their formation and development in China, which is of great significance for getting an overall view of urban integration, understanding its rules as well as optimizing urban development pattern in China. This paper uses Qualitative Metasynthesis method to proposes the general spatial distribution pattern of uni-cities which shows a “17+8+8+4” structure firstly. The paper then systematically analyses the main problems of the uni-cities in China, and the results show that the identification standard is lacking, land resource is utilized extensively, and the collaboration is limited, which specifically comprises of limitations of collaborative content, region, and coordinating approach, so the identification standard, development quality and top layer designs are required to be improved and upgraded. Some policy countermeasures and suggestions for the construction of uni-cities are put forward in the end to ensure their sustainable development as well as healthy and orderly evolution to urban agglomerations.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yongjiao Zhang AU - Xiaowu Man AU - Hao Ding PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Problems and Governance Countermeasures of Formation and Development of Uni-cities in China BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.135 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.135 ID - Zhang2015/11 ER -