An Efficient Video Transmission Scheme in Wireless Mesh Networks
- Yunli Chen, Xiaoxiao Chen, Jian Zhang, Weichen Kang, Jian Lang
- Corresponding Author
- Yunli Chen
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.162How to use a DOI?
- Wireless Mesh Networks; Video transmission; QoS
- With rapid development of wireless mesh networks, it becomes more and more important to guarantee the reliable transmission of video data in such networks. Video data requires real-time service, which presents a great challenge to provide QoS guarantee in wireless networks where the bandwidth is insufficient. In this paper, an efficient video transmission scheme is proposed, which has adopted the cross-layer dynamic queue allocation mechanism to transmit the video frame, and chosen to drop the non-critical video frame under the circumstances of heavy network load. The proposed scheme adopts H.264/SVC scalable video encoding technology and QoS guarantee mechanism of the IEEE 802.11e, which can be applied to any cross-layer encoding video transmission. We have done extensive simulation to validate our proposed scheme. The simulation results show that our scheme is effective in terms of packet loss rate and the replay quality of the received video.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yunli Chen AU - Xiaoxiao Chen AU - Jian Zhang AU - Weichen Kang AU - Jian Lang PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - An Efficient Video Transmission Scheme in Wireless Mesh Networks BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.162 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.162 ID - Chen2015/11 ER -