Research on Algorithm of Temperature Drop due to Throttling in Natural Gas Pipeline
- Shiyao Peng, Junqi Tang, Hang Yin, Guoqun Chen, Tao Yang, Jianguo Zheng
- Corresponding Author
- Shiyao Peng
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.192How to use a DOI?
- Gas pipeline; simulation; algorithm for temperature drop due to throttling; BWRS state equation; thermal physical parameters
- Using BWRS state equation, as well as two specific heat correlations, the temperature drop due to Joule-Thomson effect in natural gas pipeline is calculated and the algorithm of this is proposed. As for the west-to-east gas transmission pipeline, comparing the result calculated using the algorithm above with practical value measured, we find that the algorithm developed is steady and has a high accuracy of maximum deviation less than 1.42 , thus the algorithm can provide an accurate result for temperature drop calculation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shiyao Peng AU - Junqi Tang AU - Hang Yin AU - Guoqun Chen AU - Tao Yang AU - Jianguo Zheng PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Research on Algorithm of Temperature Drop due to Throttling in Natural Gas Pipeline BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.192 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.192 ID - Peng2015/11 ER -