Change of Genotoxicity of Simulated Textile dyeing Wastewater During Anoxic-Aerobic Treatment
- H. Jiang, X.H. Xie, N. Liu, F. Yang, L.Y. Zhu, J.S Liu
- Corresponding Author
- H. Jiang
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.236How to use a DOI?
- Simulated Textile Dyeing Waster; Genotoxicity; Anoxic-aerobic Treatment; Dissolved Organic Matters
- The pollution of textile dyeing wastewater is of highly concern for its notorious biotoxicity, especially the genotoxicity, which can cause DNA damage and chromosome aberration to aquatic flora and fauna. In this study, a lab-scale reactor system was constructed to study the change of genotoxicity during the anoxic-aerobic treatment of simulated textile dyeing wastewater. The genotoxicity of wastewater samples were evaluated by SOS/umu test. The results revealed that the genotoxicity significantly increased by anoxic treatment, and could not be completely eliminated after aerobic treatment. By fractionating dissolved organic matters (DOM) in wastewater into different fractions, it was found that hydrophobic acids (HOA) and the hydrophobic neutrals (HON) were the key fraction with genotoxic activity. By comparing the genotoxic equivalent of the samples and their corresponding dissolved organic carbon (DOC) value, it was found that the aerobic effluent had higher genotoxic intensity than original influent based on DOC.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - H. Jiang AU - X.H. Xie AU - N. Liu AU - F. Yang AU - L.Y. Zhu AU - J.S Liu PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Change of Genotoxicity of Simulated Textile dyeing Wastewater During Anoxic-Aerobic Treatment BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.236 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.236 ID - Jiang2015/11 ER -