The Oxidation Kinetics of Magnesium Sulfite in Homogenous System
- W. D. Zhang, C. Q. Kong, C. F. Zhang, Z. W. Shen, P. F. He
- Corresponding Author
- W. D. Zhang
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.244How to use a DOI?
- Magnesium desulfurization; Sulfite; Homogeneous; Oxidation rate
- The oxidation rate of magnesium sulfite is important for the application of wet magnesia desulfurization, which is suitable for the industrial boilers in china. In this work, the oxidation rate of magnesium sulfite without addition in homogeneous condition is studied, magnesium sulfite was oxidated in the bath and temperature constant reactor with injecting nitrogen into the upper space to remove air. With adding different concentration of magnesium sulfite, the sulfite oxidation rate was found to be 1.15th order in sulfite concentration, and the dissolved oxygen was 0.30th order to the sulfite oxidation rate, the oxidation rate in different temperature was also discussed, and the activation energy was found to be 87.36 kJ/mol. Based on the experiment results, a simple model of the magnesium sulfite oxidation kinetics was built.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - W. D. Zhang AU - C. Q. Kong AU - C. F. Zhang AU - Z. W. Shen AU - P. F. He PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - The Oxidation Kinetics of Magnesium Sulfite in Homogenous System BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.244 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.244 ID - Zhang2015/11 ER -