Experimental Research and Analysis of Heating SMA Wire
- Yachuan Kuang, Feng Miao, Xiaojie Liu, Jieguang Xie
- Corresponding Author
- Yachuan Kuang
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.284How to use a DOI?
- SMA; enameled wire; insulated glue; heating rate
- In order to improve the heating rate of SMA in the field of active structural control and self-repairing, the main factors influencing heating rate are studied and three improved methods are put forward: (1) Winding electrified enameled wire with high resistivity around SMA, and electrify the enameled wire; (2) Painting the surface layer of SMA with insulated glue, then electrify the SMA; (3) Winding enameled wire around SMA and painting the surface layer of enameled wire with insulated glue, and electrify the enameled wire. The heating rates of these three methods are compared with that of heating SMA directly through tests. The test results show that the method of using enameled wire to heat SMA indirectly can dramatically improve the heating rate, and when in SMA intelligent concrete, the way that painting insulated glue on the surfaces of SMA wires can effectively prevent the heat to be transferred to concrete, and improve the heating rate of SMA obviously.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yachuan Kuang AU - Feng Miao AU - Xiaojie Liu AU - Jieguang Xie PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Experimental Research and Analysis of Heating SMA Wire BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.284 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.284 ID - Kuang2015/11 ER -