Outlook for Vegetable Industry in China 2014-2023
- Fantao Kong, Danhui Liang, Chen Shen, Shengwei Wang, Ke Xu, Lu Xiong
- Corresponding Author
- Fantao Kong
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.304How to use a DOI?
- Vegetable; Shopping basket program; Processing use; Loss rate; Technical barriers
- In the next decade, planting area of vegetable in China will slightly increase with an average annual growth rate of about 0.5%. Vegetable production will reach 729.91 million tons in 2023 with an annual growth rate of about 0.8%. Direct consumption of vegetables per capita will rise up to 166 kilogram in 2023 from 149 kilogram in 2013 with an average annual growth rate of about 1.1%. The vegetable processing industry will develop rapidly, and vegetable processing demand will reach 173.27 million tons in 2023.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Fantao Kong AU - Danhui Liang AU - Chen Shen AU - Shengwei Wang AU - Ke Xu AU - Lu Xiong PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Outlook for Vegetable Industry in China 2014-2023 BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.304 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.304 ID - Kong2015/11 ER -