Effect of Biochar on Chemical Forms of Cd in Rice
- Ying Cao, Xueyan Zhang, Jun Meng, Tianhong Zhao, Henan Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Ying Cao
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.466How to use a DOI?
- Cd; biochar; chemical forms; rice.
- A pot experiment of ‘Shennong 9816’ treated by 0, 2 mg kg-1 cadmium(Cd) and 0, 1.4, 14 g kg-1 biochar were conducted to investigate the effect of biochar on the chemical forms of Cd in rice. The sequence chemical extraction method was used to study chemical forms of Cd in roots, stems and leaves of rice. Results indicated that the highest Cd concentration in vegetative tissues was F3 (extracted by 1 M Nacl), followed by F4 and F5 (extracted by 2% HAC and 0.6 M HCl, respectively). Biochar reduced Cd in F1 and F2 (extracted by 80% ethanol and d-H20, respectively). In conclusion, biochar could reduce the pollution risk of Cd in the food chain, however, the effect of biochar detoxification had not worked from the total Cd contents of rice organs at tillering stage.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ying Cao AU - Xueyan Zhang AU - Jun Meng AU - Tianhong Zhao AU - Henan Zhang PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Effect of Biochar on Chemical Forms of Cd in Rice BT - 2015 International Conference on Industrial Technology and Management Science PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.466 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/itms-15.2015.466 ID - Cao2015/11 ER -