High Performance Manufacturing - An Innovative Contribution towards Industry 4.0
- Odd Christian Sandengen, Leif A. Estensen, Harald Rødseth, Per Schjølberg
- Corresponding Author
- Odd Christian Sandengen
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.3How to use a DOI?
- Management; High Performance Teams; Business Management Systems; Predictive Maintenance; OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness); Profit Loss Indicator (PLI)
- This abstract is an introduction to the next generation of High Performance Industrial Manufacturing, through the Industry standard 4.0. The fourth Industrial standard is based on advanced Automation and Robotics, sensor based computer technology, interconnected by wireless communication, and supported by BIG Data solutions. Effective management and human cooperation i.e. teamwork and SUM¸ processes will be increasingly important in the future. This paper also focuses on the new industrial standard in relation to OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), Predictive Maintenance and total performance related to all equipment in the industrial factory processes. Not a few highly automated machines, but the system as whole. OEE is a well-known standardized tool for performance measurement throughout the industry. In order to utilize data systems as ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and PLM (engineering systems), they must be integrated with business systems. Management normally acts on the bases of facts and financial performance. In most companies increased profit is the overall goal. Future management systems aim for a fully integrated and automated data flow based on advanced sensor technology. Increased use of digital systems enables quicker and better decisions. Refers to previous paper "High Performance Innovative teams (IWAMA 2010).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Odd Christian Sandengen AU - Leif A. Estensen AU - Harald Rødseth AU - Per Schjølberg PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - High Performance Manufacturing - An Innovative Contribution towards Industry 4.0 BT - 6th International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.3 ID - Sandengen2016/11 ER -