Beyond Agile Methodologies:a Conceptual Analysis for Software Process Pipeline in the Industry 4.0
- Lapo Chirici, Kesheng Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Lapo Chirici
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.12How to use a DOI?
- agile; lean methodology; scrum; software pipeline
- Accelerating software development schedules is a paramount activity in the continuously evolving digital scenario of industry 4.0. Software companies are competing to bring more efficient processes to improve quality and productivity in the pipeline. In order to accomplish this, the entire segment have been considering the advantages released by the adoption of agile methodologies, although not without several adjustments. In facts, in the last five years, a significant shift that brought both managers and technicians to move from traditional Waterfall model to iterative agile/scrum methods, has been registered. In this context, mapping the value stream results crucial, since it contributes to identify, eliminate and reduce all those non-value-add activities during the cycle.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lapo Chirici AU - Kesheng Wang PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Beyond Agile Methodologies:a Conceptual Analysis for Software Process Pipeline in the Industry 4.0 BT - 6th International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.12 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.12 ID - Chirici2016/11 ER -