A Web3D-Based Method for Visualization of LED Lighting Environment
- Jiankang Du, Jianqing Zhang, Lilan Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Jiankang Du
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.57How to use a DOI?
- Visualization; LED lighting; Web3D; Three.js
- This paper is on the inquiry of the Web3D visualization methods for LED illumination environment. In recent years, the three dimensional visualization technology has been widely applied in many fields, such as city planning, engineering, medicine, education and so on. However, technology of LED visualization was mostly applied in LED lamps and lanterns, seldom applied in visual effect of the LED environment. This paper presents a sort of Web3D technology--WebGL, which combines great advantages in the GPU acceleration, platform crossing, inheriting from the simulation tool of last generation, running smoothly in many major browsers without any plug-in. Three.js is a perfect3D graphics engine standing out of numerous WebGL framework, having a lot of built-in light source and material. Meanwhile, it provides a lot of convenient function for this study. In addition, this research can be applied to the customization of LED lamps and lanterns, the design of the indoor environment, etc.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jiankang Du AU - Jianqing Zhang AU - Lilan Liu PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - A Web3D-Based Method for Visualization of LED Lighting Environment BT - 6th International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.57 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.57 ID - Du2016/11 ER -