The Setting Method of Signal Timing Parameters at Over-saturated Intersection
- Yi Cao, Zhongkuan Wang, Zhongyi Zuo
- Corresponding Author
- Yi Cao
Available Online July 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/lemcs-15.2015.10How to use a DOI?
- Traffic engineering; Signal timing; Cycle length; Green split; Over-saturated intersection
- In order to adapt to traffic operation situation of over-saturated signalized intersection, the setting methods of optimal cycle and green split of every phase are studied. Selecting Xinan Rd. and Wuyi Rd. intersection as study object, traffic investigation was carried out. Considering the two factors of the average delay and capacity at over-saturated intersection comprehensively, the optimization method of signal cycle length was proposed. Considering the traffic volume and queue length, setting method of the green splits of every phase was also proposed. Using the measured traffic data, signal timing scheme of the investigated intersection was not only designed, but also compared with the existing situation. The research indicates that, using this method, the average delay will be increased at over-saturated intersection, and the capacity can also be increased. This method is beneficial to reduce vehicles queuing at this kind of intersection.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yi Cao AU - Zhongkuan Wang AU - Zhongyi Zuo PY - 2015/07 DA - 2015/07 TI - The Setting Method of Signal Timing Parameters at Over-saturated Intersection BT - International Conference on Logistics Engineering, Management and Computer Science (LEMCS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/lemcs-15.2015.10 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/lemcs-15.2015.10 ID - Cao2015/07 ER -