Application of SPOCs under Theory of Multiple Intelligences
- Chunying Zhang, Weihong Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Chunying Zhang
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-16.2016.12How to use a DOI?
- Small private open online course; Higher education; Multiple intelligences; Foreign language teaching and learning; Curriculum reform
- The main focus of present study is to explore a new teaching model which is adapted to the development of the modern society. This study describes the features of SPOCs and the Theory of Multiple Intelligences and outlines some of the benefits that SPOCs bring to the foreign language teaching and learning in Chinese higher education. This study clearly points out that teachers need to have the educational concept of multiple intelligences and develop multiple intelligences in SPOC era in order to guarantee diversified development of students and ignite students' curiosity and interest in learning foreign languages. This paper also shows the scoring criteria for making SPOC videos and gives the brief notes that teachers should pay attention to when recording SPOCs. We confirmed that SPOCs can facilitate students' learning of the foreign languages, enhancing the learning process immensely and at the same time they can extend and deepen teachers' professional learning.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chunying Zhang AU - Weihong Zhang PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Application of SPOCs under Theory of Multiple Intelligences BT - 2016 6th International Conference on Mechatronics, Computer and Education Informationization (MCEI 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-16.2016.12 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-16.2016.12 ID - Zhang2016/12 ER -