Study on the Social and Economic Background for the Development of Traditional Settlements in South Hubei
- Li Dong, Chuan Sun, Yi Zheng
- Corresponding Author
- Li Dong
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-16.2016.33How to use a DOI?
- Southern Hubei; Traditional settlement; Social economy; Production Mode
- The social and economic background for the development of traditional settlements in South Hubei comes from two main factors: mode of production for mountain agriculture and the economy partly composed of handicraft business. The former factor displays the features of mountain agriculture. Mainly focusing on traditional farming, this area has developed handicraft industry such as paper-making and tea-making, which forms part of the local economic composition. Meanwhile, the business-type settlements have developed in the place where both the water and the land transportation are convenient and where commerce and trade constitutes a large part of the economy.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Li Dong AU - Chuan Sun AU - Yi Zheng PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Study on the Social and Economic Background for the Development of Traditional Settlements in South Hubei BT - 2016 6th International Conference on Mechatronics, Computer and Education Informationization (MCEI 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-16.2016.33 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/mcei-16.2016.33 ID - Dong2016/12 ER -