Accelerated Simulation of Cell Biological Systems Using Heterogeneous Parallel Processing Platforms- A Survey
- K. Abhishek, N. Sreenivasa, S Balaji
- Corresponding Author
- K. Abhishek
- https://doi.org/10.2991/pecteam-18.2018.3How to use a DOI?
- Simulation, Heterogeneous Parallel Processing, Systems Biology, Cell Biological System, Modeling and Simulation
- Simulation is a handy toolkit of scientists and engineers of all disciplines. Modeling and simulation helps in overall reduction of cost, increases the quality of products and systems, and documents and archives lessons learnt. This paper reviews modeling and simulation of cell biological systems in medical applications using heterogeneous parallel processing platforms. In heterogeneous computing, we use more than one kind of processor or core. This helps in achieving better performance not in terms of same kind of processing but with additional special tasks which require more computational power. The overall system gains efficiency due to the fact that there is offloading of computations to the Graphic Processing Unit (GPU).
- © The authors.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Abhishek, K. AU - Sreenivasa, N. AU - Balaji, S DA - 2018/02/09 TI - Accelerated Simulation of Cell Biological Systems Using Heterogeneous Parallel Processing Platforms- A Survey BT - International Conference for Phoenixes on Emerging Current Trends in Engineering and Management (PECTEAM 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/pecteam-18.2018.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/pecteam-18.2018.3 ID - Abhishek2018 ER -