A Survey: Data Mining Techniques for Social Media Analysis
- D Elangovan, V Subedha, R Sathishkumar, V D Ambeth kumar
- Corresponding Author
- D Elangovan
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/pecteam-18.2018.19How to use a DOI?
- Data Mining, Social media, Social network Analysis, Web Mining.
- Data mining is the extraction of present information from high volume of data sets, it's a modern technology. The main intention of the mining is to extract the information from a large no of data set and convert it into a reasonable structure for further use. The social media websites like Facebook, twitter, instagram enclosed the billions of unrefined raw data. The various techniques in data mining process after analyzing the raw data, new information can be obtained. Since this data is active and unstructured, conventional data mining techniques may not be suitable. This survey paper mainly focuses on various data mining techniques used and challenges that arise while using it. The survey of various work done in the field of social network analysis mainly focuses on future trends in research.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - D Elangovan AU - V Subedha AU - R Sathishkumar AU - V D Ambeth kumar PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - A Survey: Data Mining Techniques for Social Media Analysis BT - International Conference for Phoenixes on Emerging Current Trends in Engineering and Management (PECTEAM 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/pecteam-18.2018.19 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/pecteam-18.2018.19 ID - Elangovan2018/02 ER -