Performance Evaluation of Contrast Enhancement Technique for PET-CT Images in HSI Color Space
- J Angelin Jeba, S Nirmala Devi
- Corresponding Author
- J Angelin Jeba
Available Online February 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/pecteam-18.2018.39How to use a DOI?
- Contrast Enhancement, HSI space, Performance metrics.
- Medical images are generally noisy due to the physical mechanisms of the acquisition process. Image enhancement is a technique which reduces noise, removesartifacts, and preserves details in the image. Its purpose is to amplify certain image features for analysis, diagnosis, and display. In this paper, a contrast enhancement technique for the fused PET/CT (Positron Emission Tomography/ Computerized Tomography) is performed followed by the comparative analysis of filtering techniques. Some quantitative performance metrics like PSNR, SNR, CNR, MSE, RMS, AMBE and MAE are computed to evaluate the image quality.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - J Angelin Jeba AU - S Nirmala Devi PY - 2018/02 DA - 2018/02 TI - Performance Evaluation of Contrast Enhancement Technique for PET-CT Images in HSI Color Space BT - International Conference for Phoenixes on Emerging Current Trends in Engineering and Management (PECTEAM 2018) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/pecteam-18.2018.39 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/pecteam-18.2018.39 ID - AngelinJeba2018/02 ER -