Study of the Interactive Activities with FIAS and Network Analysis Technology
- Jian Guangbin, Sun Shuyan
- Corresponding Author
- Jian Guangbin
Available Online November 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/pntim-19.2019.80How to use a DOI?
- Flanders Interaction Analysis; Web-Based Classroom; Teaching & Learning Activities; Network Analysis
- As ICTs continue to enter the classroom, the interaction between teachers and students in the classroom is changing. The purpose of the study is to find out what the important teaching&learning activities are in such classrooms, and whether there are stable interaction patterns in these activities. In order to achieve this goal, the Flanders interaction analysis system (FIAS) was transformed in the study, and based on the data generated by the FIAS, we carried out sequence and frequency analysis with PHP programming language. For visualizing the research results, we produced the adjacency graph of teaching&learning activities using network analysis technology and the Gephi software. In addition, we analyzed the two web-based classrooms using the above method. The conclusions are as follows: It is an effective teaching method to require students to evaluate according to the work submitted using the Internet. The use of educational websites or special topic software is a common feature of both classes. A more fixed sequence of activities in these kinds of classes is that the teacher first adopts the opinions of the students, then raises open questions and then responds positively.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jian Guangbin AU - Sun Shuyan PY - 2019/11 DA - 2019/11 TI - Study of the Interactive Activities with FIAS and Network Analysis Technology BT - 2019 International Conference on Precision Machining, Non-Traditional Machining and Intelligent Manufacturing (PNTIM 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SP - 471 EP - 476 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/pntim-19.2019.80 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/pntim-19.2019.80 ID - Guangbin2019/11 ER -