Light Fidelity (Li-Fi): Is it Possible to Replace Wi-Fi?
- Rabie Ramadan, Ahmed Khedr
- Corresponding Author
- Rabie Ramadan
Available Online November 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/racs-15.2016.17How to use a DOI?
- Li-Fi;Light Fedality ; New Technology; Light Modulation; Smart Environment
- imagine you are walking in your company or a hospital and instead of trying to connect to an access point to reach the internet or downloading a file, the data is coming to you through the hospital or your company lights. Also, imaging that the data transfer rate is increased multiple times. Isn’t great to have such technology? It seems that the dream comes true with the appearance of Li-Fi technology. In this paper, we will overview the concept of Li-Fi, applications, its advantages, and the suitable types of modulations. By the end of this research, some of the disadvantages and open problems are presented.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rabie Ramadan AU - Ahmed Khedr PY - 2015/11 DA - 2015/11 TI - Light Fidelity (Li-Fi): Is it Possible to Replace Wi-Fi? BT - International Conference on Recent Advances in Computer Systems PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/racs-15.2016.17 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/racs-15.2016.17 ID - Ramadan2015/11 ER -