Education Mismatch on Women’s Workers’ Income in Southern Sumatra
- 10.2991/aebmr.k.200520.022How to use a DOI?
- mismatch, overeducation, undereducation
This paper aims to examine the phenomenon of mismatch that occurs in women workers in Southern Sumatra. Mismatch that occurred was education mismatch with the category of undereducation and overeducation. Using 2018 Sakernas data, the unit of analysis consisted of 13,683 workers of which 74.66 percent of workers experienced mismatches and the remaining 25.34 percent of workers matched educational qualifications with their jobs. The problem of mismatch will have an impact on income. Estimation results using the OLS model, simultaneously shows that all determinants of worker’s income, namely age, working hours and education have a significant effect. It was found that the most dominant variable affecting worker income statistically significantly both undereducation and overeducation was education, where changes in employee income overeducation due to changes in the level of education were two times greater than changes in under education workers.
- © 2020, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yunisvita AU - Muhammad Teguh AU - Deassy Apriani PY - 2020 DA - 2020/05/23 TI - Education Mismatch on Women’s Workers’ Income in Southern Sumatra BT - Proceedings of the 5th Sriwijaya Economics, Accounting, and Business Conference (SEABC 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SP - 127 EP - 132 SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/aebmr.k.200520.022 DO - 10.2991/aebmr.k.200520.022 ID - 2020 ER -