Volume 1, Issue 3, August 2008, Pages 205 - 214
An Extended KTH-Best Apprach for Referential-Uncooperative Bilevel Multi-Follower Decision Making
- Guangquan Zhang, Chenggen Shi, Jie Lu
- Corresponding Author
- Guangquan Zhang
Available Online 25 August 2008.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2008.1.3.2How to use a DOI?
- Bilevel programming, kth-best approach, Decision making, Optimization.
- Bilevel decision techniques have been mainly developed for solving decentralized management problems with decision makers in a hierarchical organization. When multiple followers are involved in a bilevel decision problem, called a bilevel multi-follower (BLMF) decision problem, the leaderâ€™s decision will be affected, not only by the reactions of these followers, but also by the relationships among these followers. The referential-uncooperative situation is one of the popular cases of BLMF decision problems where these multiple followers donâ€™t share decision variables with each other but may take othersâ€™ decisions as references to their decisions. This paper presents a model for the referential-uncooperative BLMF decision problem. As the kth-best approach is one of the most successful approaches in dealing with normal bilevel decision problems, this paper then proposes an extended kth-best approach to solve the referential-uncooperative BLMF problem. Finally an example of logistics planning illustrates the application of the proposed extended kth-best approach.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Guangquan Zhang AU - Chenggen Shi AU - Jie Lu PY - 2008 DA - 2008/08 TI - An Extended KTH-Best Apprach for Referential-Uncooperative Bilevel Multi-Follower Decision Making JO - International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems SP - 205 EP - 214 VL - 1 IS - 3 SN - 1875-6883 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2008.1.3.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijcis.2008.1.3.2 ID - Zhang2008 ER -